Thursday 14 April 2011

DTC Bus Ride-4


Two positives. Rather two cheers, I wish to share.

One, I notice stricter implementation of uniform code for Drivers and Conductors. I appreciate that. A uniformed crew gives a professional image to any organisation. DTC, no doubt is a business outfit, owned by government.

State PSUs ought not to present a lackadaisical look. It can be run profitably through better look and feel.

When I travel, I look at it as an experience. Like I do when I visit cinema halls or multiplexes. Not just to see movies, but to soak in the ambience.

Similarly, all of us in a way get into a different zone when he travel: short or long ride.

That's where the look and feel comes to play a big role.

I recollect the uniformed, clean-shaven drivers of Dubai bus services. Most of them Pakistanis, they are polite, English speaking (not insisting that DTC drivers must speak Queen's English!) and wearing ties!

Though weather conditions are too hot even at the height of so-called wintery months, the full-fledged airconditioned buses afford them the luxury of sporting ties.

By the way, most of the Dubai buses were conductor-less. Drivers themselves tickets. But a large segment of commuters go for smart cards.

Entry into bus is only through the front door (closer to the driver).

Check out http://gulfdiary.blogspot.com to read my Dubai bus ride two years ago.

Secondly, I noticed that Mehrauli bus terminal is bereft of private buses which occupied or blocked space causing challenges for DTC buses to enter and exit.

I hope private bus operators have permanently shifted out their de-licensed buses from Mehrauli.

NOw, I think it is time for DTC to get the roads within the Terminal laid out.

DTC, what do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment